Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing
Course # LEIA-101
Learn the fundamentals of inspections and auditing to enhance your skills and improve your effectiveness while adding value to your position and organization.
This course provides attendees inspections/audit techniques that have been successfully used to, satisfy accreditation requirements;
Reduce law enforcement liability, crime statistics, operational costs, and significantly improve compliance.
Through facilitator presenters, group discussion and team exercises attendees learn the fundamentals of inspections, audits, non-audit reports and quality assurance. A basic understanding of the roles of risks and internal controls in inspections / auditing will also be presented. This class is the first of two classes towards a Law Enforcement Inspections / Auditing Certificate™ (LEIAC™).
LEIA-101 Course objectives:
Participants will have the opportunity to develop a basic understanding of;
- The role and history of inspections / audits in law enforcement
- Various audit guidelines / frameworks / accreditation
- Current practices in law enforcement inspections / audits
- Steps of the audit process
- Writing an audit plan, program, and report
- Audit vs. non-audit reports
- Concepts and terms central to law enforcement inspections / auditing
- Risk assessment model
- Statistical sampling methods
This course is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn);
- With limited or no inspections or auditing experience.
- Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality control activities
- Interested in law enforcement inspections, auditing and quality assurance
- Interested in an audit perspective of their organization
- Interested in obtaining a Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate™ (LEIAC™)
Course qualifies for 25 hours Arizona POST Continuing Training Credit
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Instructors: Dan Olson and Mike Giammarino with over 25 years of L.E. inspections / auditing experience.
Sessions will include CD’s containing reports, audit plans and programs. All participants must bring a laptop with ac power cord and windows PowerPoint / Word / programs. This is a highly interactive class with quizzes throughout the course.
Course Hours: Three days – 8:00 am- 5:00 pm