LEIA-101: Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing
Learn the fundamentals of inspections and auditing to enhance your skills and improve your effectiveness while adding value to your position and organization.
This course provides attendees inspections/audit techniques that have been successfully used to, satisfy accreditation requirements;
Reduce law enforcement liability, crime statistics, operational costs, and significantly improve compliance.
Through facilitator presenters, group discussion and team exercises attendees learn the fundamentals of inspections, audits, non-audit reports and quality assurance. A basic understanding of the roles of risks and internal controls in inspections / auditing will also be presented. This class is the first of two classes towards a Law Enforcement Inspections / Auditing Certificate™ (LEIAC™).
LEIA-101 Course objectives:
Participants will have the opportunity to develop a basic understanding of;
- The role and history of inspections / audits in law enforcement
- Various audit guidelines / frameworks / accreditation
- Current practices in law enforcement inspections / audits
- Steps of the audit process
- Writing an audit plan, program, and report
- Audit vs. non-audit reports
- Concepts and terms central to law enforcement inspections / auditing
- Risk assessment model
- Statistical sampling methods
This course is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn);
- With limited or no inspections or auditing experience.
- Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality control activities
- Interested in law enforcement inspections, auditing and quality assurance
- Interested in an audit perspective of their organization
- Interested in obtaining a Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate™ (LEIAC™)
Course qualifies for 25 hours Arizona POST Continuing Training Credit
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Instructors: Dan Olson and Mike Giammarino with over 25 years of L.E. inspections / auditing experience.
Sessions will include CD’s containing reports, audit plans and programs. All participants must bring a laptop with ac power cord and windows PowerPoint / Word / programs. This is a highly interactive class with quizzes throughout the course.
Course Hours: Three days – 8:00 am- 5:00 pm