Intermediate Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing
Course # LEIA-102
Expand on your fundamental inspections and auditing skills through this highly interactive course designed to take you to the next level.
To be successful in law enforcement inspections and auditing a “working knowledge” of inspections and auditing skills is essential. Through facilitator presenters, lectures, group discussion, team exercises and presentations attendees will have the opportunity to develop and enhance a working knowledge of the subject matter. In a group setting, attendees will demonstrate their ability to complete the course objectives. This class is the second in a series of three classes towards a Law Enforcement Inspections / Auditing Certificate™ (LEIAC™), which is recognized* by the International Law Enforcement Auditors Association.
LEIA-102 Course objectives: – In a group setting participants will demonstrate a working knowledge of:
- Concepts and terms central to audits in law enforcement
- Non-audit reports / Inspections / Accreditation / Quality Assurance
- Audit guidelines / frameworks / Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards
- Steps of the audit process
- Completing a risk assessment
- Writing an audit plan and program
- Risk based audit approach to include testing and analysis
- Statistical sampling
- Basic survey development
- Formatting and writing a report with recommendations
- Presenting audit findings
This course is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn);
- Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality control activities wanting more extensive training.
- Interested in developing a working knowledge of inspections/auditing.
- Those interested in obtaining an Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate™ (LEIAC™).
- Pre-requisites, law enforcement professionals who within three years prior to the 102 course have completed one of the following:
- LEIA 101
- ILEAA introduction to law enforcement auditing course
- LAPD performance auditing course
- RCMP management review course
- Jacobson consulting auditing course
*Pre-requisite may be waived based on experience.
Course qualifies for 25 hours Arizona POST Continuing Training Credit
Pre-requisites: Yes, see above section
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Instructors: Dan Olson and Mike Giammarino with over 20 years of L.E. inspections / auditing experience.
Sessions will include course material in a digital format containing reports, audit plans and programs. All participants must bring a laptop with CD drive, ac power cord and windows PowerPoint and Word programs and a jump drive. This is a highly interactive class with basic quizzes for review.
Course Hours: Three days – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
*This course is recognized towards the LEIAC and not the Certified Law Enforcement Auditor (CLEA) credential.