Advanced Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing
Course # LEIA-200
Take the skills you developed in the LEIA-101 and LEIA-102 classes and demonstrate your proficiency and professionalism in the advanced course and earn your Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate™ (LEIAC™). The LEIAC™ designation will distinguish you from your peers and enhance your credibility with co-workers and management.
This course has been determined to qualify for (25hrs) AZ Post training credit and is recognized* by the International Law Enforcement Auditors Association (ILEAA)
Course objectives: – Participants will individually demonstrate their ability to:
- Develop line and staff inspection methodology and implementation
- Complete an audit report to include the following:
- Conduct Research / risk assessment / audit plan
- Complete an audit program
- Complete fieldwork to include interviews, statistical sampling and a basic survey
- Create work papers
- Create a written report with findings and recommendations
- Create follow up audit document
- Present project report for review and discussion
This course if for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn, active or retired);
- Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality control activities wanting more extensive training.
- Who have successfully completed the LEIA–102 course within three years prior the 200 course.
- Interested in obtaining an Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate (LEIAC).
Course qualifies for 25 hours Arizona POST Continuing Training Credit or Continuing Education
Those successfully completed this course will be awarded the Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate (LEIAC™), recognized* by the International Law Enforcement Auditors Association (ILEAA)
Pre-requisites: Successful completion of the LEIA 101 and 102 course as stated above
Advanced Preparation: Attendees will be provided material prior to the course in a digital format for their review in preparation for the course.
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Instructors: Dan Olson and Mike Giammarino with over 20 years of L.E. inspections / auditing experience.
Sessions include course material in digital format to include reports, audit plans and programs. All participants must bring a laptop with CD drive / ac power cord and windows PowerPoint / Word programs and a jump drive. This is a highly interactive class with basic quizzes for review.
Course Hours: Three day course: 8:00 am- 5:00 pm