Introduction to Internal Affairs Investigations Course # IA-101 (Tulsa, OK)
December 8, 2019
- Introduction to Internal Affairs Investigations Course # IA-101 (Tulsa, OK)
February 1, 2020 - February 2, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
March 23-25, 2020 – Tulsa, OK.
Hosted by Tulsa PD, Presented by LD Consulting
Course Description: Good administrative misconduct (IA) investigations are the cornerstone for transparency, accountability, public trust, community support and reducing organization liability. This course provides fundamental investigative techniques that have been successfully used to complete basic and complex internal investigations. Best practices will be shared along with hands on practical application and tools that can be put to use immediately. This class is the first in a series of two internal affairs investigation courses.
This is a highly interactive / hands on, course. Through facilitation, group discussion and team exercises attendees learn the fundamentals of internal affairs investigations, breaking down complex investigations, creating an interview matrix and writing a comprehensive report. Templates will be shared for a variety of investigations such as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Use of Force, criminal complaints and others.
IA-101 Course objectives:
Participants will have the opportunity to develop a basic understanding of;
- The role and history of misconduct investigations in law enforcement
- Responsibility to investigate and identification of complaints
- Using templates / best practices for various types of investigations
- How to prepare for and conduct effective interviews
- Why and how to develop an interview matrix
- Conducting investigations into criminal matters
- Handling administrative evidence
- Handling stress and risks for Internal Affairs Investigators
This class is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn)
- With limited or no internal affairs experience and or training (this is an introductory course)
- Responsible for Internal affairs investigations
- Interested in law enforcement internal affairs investigations
- Interested in best practices for internal affairs investigations
- Interested in practical (hands-on) experience in conducting and writing internal affairs investigations
Course includes a flash drive containing class material to include templates and reports. All participants must bring a laptop with ac power cord and PowerPoint, Word and Excel programs. Although not required it is best if the laptop has Internet WiFi capability.
Classroom location: Tulsa Police Academy 6066 E 66th St N, Tulsa, OK 74117
Owasso hotels are closer to the Academy - Tulsa Hotels have more to do in the eve.
QUESTIONS / CONCERNS: Call: Dan Olson
Phone: (602) 510-8481 Email: email@example.com Web Site: LDConsultingllc.com
COST: REGISTRATION: $599.00
DISCOUNTS: Early Registration $25.00 discount if PAID by Feb 24th, 2020. $25 discount for IAPro users or LEIAG members. 24 hours CPE certificate provided.
Class starts at 0800 hours on Monday 3/23/20 and concludes on Wednesday 3/25/20 at 1700 hours.
For more information or to register on line go to https://www.ldconsultingllc.com/class-schedule
Venue: Tulsa Police Academy