- Professional Standards Investigations Certificate Course # IA-201 Chesapeake, VA (Norfolk Area)
November 5, 2019 - November 8, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
November 5th - 8th, 2019 – Chesapeake, VA (Norfolk Area)
Sponsored by the Chesapeake Police Department
Good administrative misconduct (IA) investigations are the cornerstone for transparency, accountability, public trust, community support and reducing organization liability. Take the skills developed in the Introduction to Internal Affairs Investigations course, IA-101 and demonstrate proficiency and professionalism in the certification course and earn your Professional Standards Investigations Certificate™ (PSIC™). The PSIC™ designation will distinguish you from your peers and enhance credibility with co-workers and management.
This is a highly interactive / hands on, course. Through facilitation, group discussion and team exercises attendees learn and demonstrate the fundamentals of administrative misconduct investigations. Attendees will evaluate misconduct allegations, conduct a thorough investigation, and write a comprehensive report.
IA-201 Course objectives:
Participants will individually demonstrate their ability to:
- Investigate and identify the elements of complaints / misconduct allegations
- Demonstrate an understanding and working knowledge of legal issues / cases related to misconduct
- Identify and implement the steps of a misconduct investigation
- Formulate a “notice of investigation”
- Create an interview matrix and data points to document interviews
- Document investigative procedures and work papers
- Complete two administrative misconduct investigation reports based on case scenario information provided, the first in a group and the second individually
- Present report and findings to the instructor, and complete two quizzes
This class is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn)
- Who have successfully completed the IA 101 course
- Responsible for Internal affairs investigations
- Interested in law enforcement internal affairs investigations
- Interested in generally accepted practices for internal affairs investigations
- Interested in practical (hands-on) experience in conducting and writing internal affairs investigations
Course includes a flash drive containing class material to include templates and reports. All participants must bring a laptop with a/c power cord and PowerPoint, Word and Excel programs. Although not required it is best if the laptop has Internet WiFi capability.
- Chesapeake Public Safety Operations Center
- 2130 South Military Hwy, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- The Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier 709 Eden Way N. Chesapeake, VA 23320. To Book Your Room Please Call 1-800-993-4751 & Ask for The City of Chesapeake / Police Academy Group Rate $94.00.
- Book reservations before your reservation cutoff date of March 29, 2019. Internet: April 29 - May 1, the Corporate/Group Code "G-CPAM" will automatically be entered to give the $94 rate.
QUESTIONS / CONCERNS: Call:
- Dan Olson
- Phone: (602) 510-8481 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: LDConsultingllc.com
COST: REGISTRATION: $699.00
- Early Registration $25.00 discount if PAID by September 7, 2019
- $25 discount for IAPro users, OR
- $25 discount for LEIAG members.
32 hours CPE certificate provided.
CLASS STARTS AT 0800 HOURS ON TUESDAY 11/5/19 AND CONCLUDES ON FRIDAY 11/8/19 AT 1700 HOURS.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER ON LINE GO TO https://www.ldconsultingllc.com/class-schedule
Hotel: The Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier 709 Eden Way N. Chesapeake, VA 23320. To Book Your Room Please Call 1-800-993-4751 & Ask for The City of Chesapeake / Police Academy Group Rate