Introduction to Internal Affairs Investigations Course # IA-101 (Hamilton Township, OH / Cincinnati Area)
November 3, 2019
- Introduction to Internal Affairs Investigations Course # IA-101 (Hamilton Township, OH)
April 14, 2020 - April 16, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
April 14-16, 2020 – Hamilton Township, OH. in the Cincinnati area
Hosted by Hamilton Township PD, Presented by LD Consulting
|Hamilton Township PD||LD Consulting, LLC||IAPRo Co-Sponsor|
Course Description: Good administrative misconduct (IA) investigations are the cornerstone for transparency,
accountability, public trust, community support and reducing organization liability. This course provides fundamental investigative techniques that have been successfully used to complete basic and complex internal investigations. Best practices will be shared along with hands on practical application and tools that can be put to use immediately. This class is the first in a series of two internal affairs investigation courses.
This is a highly interactive / hands on, course. Through facilitation, group discussion and team exercises attendees learn the fundamentals of internal affairs investigations, breaking down complex investigations, creating an interview matrix and writing a comprehensive report. Templates will be shared for a variety of investigations such as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Use of Force, criminal complaints and others.
IA-101 Course objectives:
Participants will have the opportunity to develop a basic understanding of;
• The role and history of misconduct investigations in law enforcement
• Responsibility to investigate and identification of complaints
• Using templates / best practices for various types of investigations
• How to prepare for and conduct effective interviews
• Why and how to develop an interview matrix
• Conducting investigations into criminal matters
• Handling administrative evidence
• Handling stress and risks for Internal Affairs Investigators
This class is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn)
• With limited or no internal affairs experience and or training (this is an introductory course)
• Responsible for Internal affairs investigations
• Interested in law enforcement internal affairs investigations
• Interested in best practices for internal affairs investigations
• Interested in practical (hands-on) experience in conducting and writing internal affairs investigations.
Course includes a flash drive containing class material to include templates and reports. All participants must bring a laptop with ac power cord and PowerPoint, Word and Excel programs. Although not required it is best if the laptop has Internet WiFi capability.
Classroom location: Hamilton Township Police Department, 7780 South State Route 48, Maineville, OH 45039
Hotels – Government Rate: Hampton Inn Cincinnati Kings Island Mason, 5323 Beach Boulevard, Mason, OH, 45040
Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, 5070 Natorp Blvd, Mason, OH 45040 US, 844-247-9039
QUESTIONS / CONCERNS: Call: Dan Olson Phone: (602) 510-8481 Email: email@example.com
COST: REGISTRATION: $599.00
DISCOUNTS: Early Registration $25.00 discount if PAID by March 16, 2020, $25 discount for IAPro users OR LEIAG
members. 24 hours CPE certificate provided.
CLASS STARTS AT 0800 HOURS ON TUESDAY 4/14/20 AND CONCLUDES THURSDAY 4/16/20 AT 1700 HOURS. FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER ON LINE GO TO HTTP://WWW.LDCONSULTINGLLC.COM/CLAS SCHEDULE
Hamilton Township Police Department, Administration Building
7780 South State Route 48, Maineville, OH 45039