Introduction to Jail Inspections and Audits – JIA-101 (Carrollton, TX)
August 8, 2019
- Introduction to Jail Inspections and Audits – JIA-101 (Carrollton, TX)
November 6, 2019 - November 8, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tools to improve Accountability and Transparency
November 6-8, 2019 – Carrollton, Texas (Dallas Area)
Hosted by the Carrollton, Texas PD | Presented by LC Consulting LLC
Learn the fundamentals of inspections and auditing of jail / detention facilities and enhance your skills and improve your effectiveness while adding value to your position and your organization. This course will provide you with fundamental inspections and audit techniques that have been successfully used to, Satisfy accreditation requirements; Reduce liability and operational costs, and significantly Improve compliance in jail / detention facilities.
JIA-101 Course objectives:
Participants will develop a basic understanding of;
- The role and history of inspections / how to develop and implement an inspections unit/program
- Risks associated with: staffing, facilities, medical care, suicide, use of force, etc.
- Various audit guidelines / frameworks
- Generally accepted practices and the need for inspections / audits in correctional agencies
- Steps of the audit process
- How to write an audit plan, program, and report
- Audit vs. non-audit reports
- How to format reports
- Risk assessment model / Internal controls
- Basic statistical sampling methods
This class is for Jail / Detention Command staff / Officers and other professionals working for a jail / detention facility:
- With limited or no inspections or auditing experience.
- Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality assurance activities.
- Interested in inspections and auditing
Sessions will include flash drive containing reports, audit plans and programs. All participants must bring a laptop with ac power cord and PowerPoint, Word and Excel programs. The laptop must have Internet WiFi capability.
Classroom location: Carrollton PD 2025 E. Jackson, Carrollton, Tx. 75006
Hotels: Courtyard Dallas Carrollton: 1201 Raiford Rd. Carrollton, Tx. 75007 972-446-0001 https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dalrl-courtyard-dallas-carrollton-and-carrollton-conference-center/?scid=45f93f1b-bd77-45c9-8dab-83b6a417f6fe
The One Boutique Hotel: 1020 Raiford Rd., Carrollton, TX 75007, Phone: (972) 466-3740 Phone: (972) 466-3819 http://res.theone-tx.com/irmnet/(S(vnefgjs1tbfdp31pomkmkctd))/Res/ResMain.aspx
QUESTIONS / CONCERNS: Call Dan Olson:
Phone: (602) 510-8481
Web Site: LDConsultingllc.com
COST: REGISTRATION: $599.00
DISCOUNTS: Early Registration $25.00 discount if PAID by Oct 7, 2019, $25 discount for IAPro users.
Class starts at 0800 hours on Wednesday 11/6/19 and concludes on Friday 11/8/19 at 1700 hours.
For more information or to register on line go to https://www.ldconsultingllc.com/schedule
Venue: Carrollton Police Department
Carrollton Police Department
2025 E Jackson | Carrollton | Texas | 75006