Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Course – LEIA-101 (Palm Beach, FL – Sept)
March 12, 2019
- Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Course – LEIA-101 (Palm Beach, FL - Sept)
September 10, 2019 - September 12, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tools to Improve Accountability and Transparency
September 10-12, 2019, West Palm Beach, FL.
Sponsored by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
Learn the fundamentals of inspections and auditing to enhance your skills and improve your effectiveness while adding value to your position and your organization. This course will provide you with fundamental inspections/audit techniques that have been successfully used to, Satisfy accreditation requirements; Reduce law enforcement liability, operational costs, and significantly Improve compliance. This class is the first in a series of two classes towards a Law Enforcement Inspections / Auditing Certificate (LEIAC)™.
LEIA-101 Course Objectives:
Participants will develop a basic understanding of:
- The role and history of inspections / how to develop and implement an inspections unit/program
- Various audit guidelines/frameworks
- Current practices in law enforcement inspections/audits
- Steps of the audit process * How to write an audit plan, program, and report
- Audit vs. non-audit reports
- How to format reports * Risk assessment model / Internal controls
- Basic statistical sampling methods
This class is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn)
- With limited or no inspections or auditing experience.
- Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality assurance activities.
- Interested in inspections and auditing
- Interested in obtaining a Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate (LEIAC).
Participants receive a flash drive containing reports, audit plans, and programs. This is a highly interactive course. All participants must bring a laptop with a/c power cord and with Adobe Reader, Word, and Excel, & Internet WiFi.
Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office Training Facility: 4215 Cherry Road, West Palm Beach, FL. 33409
- Airport Hilton: 150 Australian Ave. West Palm Beach, FL. 33406-1473. Phones 1-561-684-9400
- Embassy Suites: 1601 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, FL, 33406. Phone 1-561-689-6400
QUESTIONS / CONCERNS:
Contact: Dan Olson:
REGISTRATION: On-Line at https://www.ldconsultingllc.com/class-schedule
- Early Registration $25.00 discount if PAID by 8/12/2018,
- ADDITIONAL $25.00 off for IAPro agencies and LEIAG members.
CLASS STARTS AT 0800 HOURS ON TUESDAY 9/10/19 AND CONCLUDES ON THURSDAY 9/12/19 AT 1700 HOURS.
Airport Hilton: 150 Australian Ave. West Palm Beach, FL. 33406-1473. Phones 1-561-684-9400 Embassy Suites: 1601 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, FL, 33406. Phone 1-561-689-6400