Introduction to Jail Inspections and Audits – JIA-101 (Live Online)
February 18, 2021
- Introduction to Jail Inspections and Audits – JIA-101 (Live Online)
August 24, 2021 - October 12, 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Tools to improve Accountability, Compliance, and Transparency
LIVE Online: August 24th – October 12, 2021
Learn the fundamentals of inspections and auditing of jail/detention facilities and enhance your skills and improve your effectiveness while adding value to your position and your organization. This course will provide you with fundamental inspections and audit techniques that have been successfully used to, Satisfy accreditation requirements; Reduce liability and operational costs, and significantly Improve compliance in jail/detention facilities.
JIA-101 Course objectives:
Participants will develop a basic understanding of;
- The role and history of inspections / how to develop and implement an inspections unit/program
- Risks associated with: staffing, facilities, medical care, suicide, use of force, etc.
- Various audit guidelines/frameworks
- Generally accepted practices and the need for inspections/audits in correctional agencies
- Steps of the audit process
- How to write an audit plan, program, and report
- Audit vs. non-audit reports
- How to format reports
- Risk assessment model / Internal controls
- Basic statistical sampling methods
This class is for Jail / Detention Command staff / Officers and other professionals working for a jail/detention facility:
- With limited or no inspections or auditing experience.
- Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality assurance activities.
- Interested in inspections and auditing
Sessions will include digital files containing reports, audit plans, and programs. All participants must utilize a computer with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel programs.
Classroom location: In the comfort of your office or home – LIVE Online
Hotels: None needed, stay in the comfort of your home, and avoid travel hassles and expenses.
QUESTIONS / CONCERNS:
Call: Dan Olson
Phone: (602) 510-8481
Web Site: LDConsultingllc.com
COST: REGISTRATION: 599.00, $25 early registration discount if you register and pay before July 24th, 2021.
CLASS MEETS EVERY TUES AND THURS AT 10:00 AM AND CONCLUDES AT 11:30, AZ TIME. FIRST CLASS IS ON AUGUST 24TH, 2021 AND THE LAST CLASS IS ON OCTOBER 12TH, 2021. 24HR. TRAINING CERTIFICATE AWARDED FOR THE COURSE.
LIVE SESSIONS ARE RECORDED IN CASE YOU MISS ONE DUE TO VACATIONS OR LEAVE, YOU CAN VIEW IT LATER!
For more information or to register online go to https://www.ldconsultingllc.com/class-schedule