Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Course – LEIA-101 (Hamilton Township, OH / Cincinnati Area)
December 7, 2019
- (Hamilton Township, OH / Cincinnati Area)
May 27, 2020 - May 29, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tools to improve Accountability Compliance and Transparency
May 27-29, 2020, Hamilton Township, OH, in the Cincinnati area
Accountability and Transparency through Compliance
Sponsored by the Hamilton Township Police Department
|Hamilton Township PD||LD Consulting, LLC||IAPRo Co-Sponsor|
Course Description: “Don’t Expect what you don’t Inspect”
Learn the fundamentals of inspections and auditing to enhance your skills and improve your effectiveness while adding value to your position and your organization. This course will provide you with fundamental inspections/audit techniques that have been successfully used to, Satisfy accreditation requirements; Reduce law enforcement liability, operational costs, and significantly Improve compliance. This class is the first in a series of two classes towards a Law Enforcement Inspections / Auditing Certificate (LEIAC)™. Class size limited at 20 to ensure excellent instructor to student attention.
LEIA-101 Course objectives:
- Participants will develop a basic understanding of;
* The role and history of inspections / how to develop and implement an inspections unit/program
* Various audit guidelines / frameworks
* Current practices in law enforcement inspections / audits
* Steps of the audit process
* How to write an audit plan, program, and report
* Audit vs. non-audit reports
* How to format reports
* Risk assessment model / Internal controls
* Basic statistical sampling methods
This class is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn)
* With limited or no inspections or auditing experience.
* Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality assurance activities.
* Interested in inspections and auditing
* Interested in obtaining a Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate (LEIAC).
Student – Instructor Ratio:
Our classes are limited in size to ensure good interaction with the instructor as well as peers in our highly interactive courses. We don’t talk at you for days; we work with you to enhance your learning experience. Sessions will include a flash drive with class material. All participants must bring a laptop with an ac power cord and PowerPoint, Word, Adobe reader and Excel programs. Laptop must have Internet WiFi capability.
Hamilton Township Police Department, 7780 South State Route 48, Maineville, OH 45039
Hotels - Government Rate:
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Kings Island Mason, 5323 Beach Boulevard, Mason, OH, 45040, (866) 238-4218
Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, 5070 Natorp Blvd, Mason, OH 45040 US, 844-247-9039
Registration fee: $599
DISCOUNTS: Early Registration $25.00 discount if PAID by April 27, 2020
Additional $25.00 off for IAPro users or LEIAG members.
On Line registration LDConsultingLLC.com/class-schedule
24 hour CPE certificate provided.
Questions: Contact Dan Olson (602) 510-8481 / email@example.com
Class starts 0800 hours on Weds 5/27/20 and concludes on Friday 5/29/20 at 1700 hours.
Hamilton Township Police Department, Administration Building
7780 South State Route 48, Maineville, OH 45039