Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Course – LEIA-101 (Phoenix, AZ)
November 5, 2019
- Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Course – LEIA-101 (Phoenix, AZ)
February 11, 2020 - February 13, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tools to improve Accountability and Transparency
February 11-13, 2020 - Phoenix, AZ.
Learn the fundamentals of inspections and auditing to enhance your skills and improve your effectiveness while adding value to your position and your organization. This course will provide you with fundamental inspections/audit techniques that have been successfully used to, Satisfy accreditation requirements; Reduce law enforcement liability, operational costs, and significantly Improve compliance. This class is the first in a series of two classes towards a Law Enforcement Inspections / Auditing Certificate (LEIAC)™.
LEIA-101 Course objectives:
- Participants will develop a basic understanding of;
* The role and history of inspections / how to develop and implement an inspections unit/program
* Various audit guidelines / frameworks
* Current practices in law enforcement inspections / audits
* Steps of the audit process
* How to write an audit plan, program, and report
* Audit vs. non-audit reports
* How to format reports
* Risk assessment model / Internal controls
* Basic statistical sampling methods
This class is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn)
* With limited or no inspections or auditing experience.
* Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality assurance activities.
* Interested in inspections and auditing
* Interested in obtaining a Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate (LEIAC).
Sessions will include flash drives containing reports, audit plans and programs. All participants must bring a laptop with ac power cord and PowerPoint, Word and Excel programs. Although not required it is best if the laptop has Internet WiFi capability.
Classroom location: National Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (NLETS) 1918 W. Whispering Wind Drive Phoenix, AZ 85085 .
Hotels: Courtyard by Marriott at 2029 Whispering Wind Drive, Government rate of aprox. $172.00 a night. Call 623-580-8844. Hotels are in walking distance of the classroom. Govt. Rate room limited book ASAP. https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phxbc-courtyard-phoenix-north-happy-valley/?scid=45f93f1b-bd77-45c9-8dab-83b6a417f6fe
Residence Inn, same location and rates as Courtyard, but includes free breakfast. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phxrb-residence-inn-phoenix-north-happy-valley/
QUESTIONS / CONCERNS: Call: Dan Olson
Phone: (602) 510-8481 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web Site: LDConsultingllc.com
COST: REGISTRATION: $599.00
DISCOUNTS: Early Registration $25.00 discount if PAID by January 13, 2020. Additional $25.00 off for IAPRO users or LEIAG members.
24 hours CEP with certificate provided.
Class starts at 0800 hours on Tuesday 2/11/20 and concludes on Thursday 2/13/20 1700 hours.
For more information or to register on line go to https://www.ldconsultingllc.com/class-schedule