- Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Course – LEIA-101 (Portland, OR)
September 4, 2019 - September 6, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tools to Improve Accountability and Transparency
September 4-6, 2019, Portland, Oregon
Learn the fundamentals of inspections and auditing to enhance your skills and improve your effectiveness while adding value to your position and your organization. This course will provide you with fundamental inspections/audit techniques that have been successfully used to, Satisfy accreditation requirements; Reduce law enforcement liability, operational costs, and significantly Improve compliance. This class is the first in a series of two classes towards a Law Enforcement Inspections / Auditing Certificate (LEIAC)™.
LEIA-101 Course objectives:
Participants will develop a basic understanding of:
- The role and history of inspections / how to develop and implement an inspections unit/program
- Various audit guidelines/frameworks
- Current practices in law enforcement inspections/audits
- Steps of the audit process
- How to write an audit plan, program, and report
- Audit vs. non-audit reports
- How to format reports
- Risk assessment model / Internal controls
- Basic statistical sampling methods
This class is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn)
- With limited or no inspections or auditing experience.
- Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality assurance activities.
- Interested in inspections and auditing
- Interested in obtaining a Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate (LEIAC).
Sessions will include flash drives containing reports, audit plans, and programs. All participants must bring a laptop with an a/c power cord and PowerPoint, Word, and Excel programs. Although not required it is best if the laptop has Internet WiFi capability.
Classroom site: Portland International Airport, 7000 NE Airport Way Suite 3109, Portland, OR. 97218. Classroom: PDX Conference Center – St Helens B Classroom
Hotel: There are numerous hotels in the area. The newest is the Holiday Inn Express on NE Cascades Parkway. Here’s the link for special rates (should be the same as government rate) Port of Portland Rate
Holiday Inn Express: Courtesy shuttle to and from Airport and Cascade Station from 4am to 12 midnight.
QUESTIONS / CONCERNS:
Call: Dan Olson
- Phone: (602) 510-8481
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: LDConsultingllc.com
Airport site location questions: Call Sgt. T.J. Eriksen, Port of Portland PD Adm Operations and Training
REGISTRATION: On Line at https://www.ldconsultingllc.com/schedule
DISCOUNTS: Early Registration $25.00 discount if PAID by 8/5/2019, Additional $25.00 off for agencies OR LEIAG members.
Class starts at 0800 hours on Wednesday 9/4/19 and concludes on Friday 9/6/19 at 1700 hours.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER ONLINE GO TO CLASS SCHEDULE