Professional Standards Investigations Certificate Course # IA-201C – St Johns, AZ
September 30, 2020
- Professional Standards Investigations Certificate Course # IA-201C - St Johns, AZ
February 1, 2021 - February 5, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
February 1-5, 2021 – St. Johns, AZ
Training by specific invitation of the St. Johns Police Department
Course Description: Good administrative misconduct (IA) investigations are the cornerstone for transparency, accountability, public trust, community support, and reducing organization liability. This course will provide IA training to assist you in developing your Internal Affairs Investigations skills and demonstrating proficiency and professionalism in the course to earn your Professional Standards Investigations Certificate™ (PSIC™). The PSIC™ designation will distinguish you from your peers and enhance credibility with co-workers and management.
This is a highly interactive/hands-on, course. Through facilitation, group discussion, and team exercises attendees learn and demonstrate the fundamentals of internal affairs investigations, breaking down complex investigations, creating an interview matrix, and writing a comprehensive report.
IA-201 Course objectives:
Participants will individually demonstrate their ability to:
- Investigate and identify the elements of complaints
- Demonstrate an understanding and working knowledge of legal issues / cases related to misconduct
- Identify and implement the steps of a misconduct investigation
- Formulate a ‘notice of investigation”
- Create an interview matrix and data points and document interviews
- Document investigative procedures and work papers
- Complete two misconduct investigation reports based on case scenario information provided, the first in a group and the second individually
Present report and findings to the instructor, and complete two quizzes.
This class is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn)
- Responsible for Internal affairs investigations
- Interested in law enforcement internal affairs investigations
- Interested in generally accepted practices for internal affairs investigations
- Interested in practical (hands-on) experience in conducting and writing internal affairs investigations
The course includes a flash drive containing class material to include templates and reports. All participants must bring a laptop with ac power cord and PowerPoint, Word, and Excel programs. Although not required it is best if the laptop has Internet WiFi capability.
Classroom location: St. Johns City Hall, 70 E. Commercial Street, St. Johns, AZ. 85936
Host agency contact: Lance Spivey, Chief of Police (928) 337-2440
Hotel: Welcome Inn, 125 E. Commercial Street, St. Johns, AZ. 85936, Office 623-208-8976
COST: REGISTRATION: $699.00, All those attending must register and pay by January 5th, 2021. This is an invitation only event and you must go directly to the following link to register https://www.ldconsultingllc.com/events/saintjohns201c Or call Dan Olson directly at 602-510-8481 to register and pay. If you have more than two attending it is easier to call.
40 hours CPE certificate provided.
The class starts at 0800 hours on Monday, February 1, 2021 – Friday, February 5, 2021, at 1700 hours.
Attendance is by invitation only by the host agency, the St. Johns Police Department.
Venue: St Johns City Hall