Professional Standards Investigations Certificate Course # IA-201C (Aztec, NM)
November 16, 2019
- Professional Standards Investigations Certificate Course # IA-201 (San Juan, NM - Invite Only)
September 28, 2020 - October 2, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
September 28 – October 2, 2020 – Aztec NM
NOTE: This is a special offer, a 5-day course that combines the
Intro IA-101 course and the Certification IA 201 course.
|Host Agency||Presented By||Co-Sponsor|
Course Description: Good administrative misconduct (IA) investigations are the cornerstone for transparency, accountability, public trust, community support and reducing organization liability. This course will provide IA training to assist you in developing your Internal Affairs Investigations skills and demonstrating proficiency and professionalism in the course to earn your Professional Standards Investigations Certificate™ (PSIC™). The PSIC™ designation will distinguish you from your peers and enhance credibility with co-workers and management.
This is a highly interactive / hands on, course. Through facilitation, group discussion and team exercises attendees learn and demonstrate the fundamentals of internal affairs investigations, breaking down complex investigations, creating an interview matrix and writing a comprehensive report.
IA-201 Course objectives:
Participants will individually demonstrate their ability to:
- Investigate and identify the elements of complaints
- Demonstrate an understanding and working knowledge of legal issues / cases related to misconduct
- Identify and implement the steps of a misconduct investigation
- Formulate a ‘notice of investigation”
- Create an interview matrix and data points and document interviews
- Document investigative procedures and work papers
- Complete two misconduct investigation reports based on case scenario information provided, the first in a group and the second individually
- Present report and findings to the instructor, and complete two quizzes.
This class is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn)
- Responsible for Internal affairs investigations
- Interested in law enforcement internal affairs investigations
- Interested in generally accepted practices for internal affairs investigations
- Interested in practical (hands-on) experience in conducting and writing internal affairs investigations
Course includes a flash drive containing class material to include templates and reports. All participants must bring a laptop with ac power cord and PowerPoint, Word and Excel programs. Although not required it is best if the laptop has Internet WiFi capability.
Classroom location: San Juan NM County Sheriff’s Office, Address: 211 S Oliver Avenue, Aztec, NM, 87410
Host agency contact: Capt. Mark Pfetzer, (505) 334-7041
Hotel: Town Place Suites 4200 Sierra Vista Dr. Farmington, NM. 87402 Phone: 1 505-327-2442 – Website link: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fmnts-towneplace-suites-farmington/?scid=45f93f1b-bd77-45c9-8dab-83b6a417f6fe
QUESTIONS / CONCERNS: Call: Dan Olson
- Phone: (602) 510-8481
- Email: email@example.com
- Web Site: https://www.ldconsultingllc.com/events/sanjuan201c
COST: REGISTRATION: $699.00, All those attending must register and pay by August 31st, 2020. This is an invitation-only event and you must go directly to the following link to register or call Dan Olson directly at 602-510-8481 to register and pay. If you have more than two attending it is easier to call. https://www.ldconsultingllc.com/events/sanjuan201c
40 hours CPE certificate provided.
Class starts at 0800 hours on Monday, September 28, 2020 – Friday, October 2, 2020, at 1700 hours.