LEIA-201: Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate
Take the skills developed in the Introductory Law Enforcement Inspections and Audit course, LEIA-101 and demonstrate proficiency and professionalism in the certificate course and earn your Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate™ (LEIAC™). The LEIAC™ designation will distinguish you from your peers and enhance credibility with co-workers and management.
This course has been determined to qualify for (32hrs) AZ Post continuing training credit and is recognized* by the International Law Enforcement Auditors Association (ILEAA).
Course objectives: – Participants will individually demonstrate their ability to:
- Develop line and staff inspection methodology and implementation
- Complete an audit report to include the following:
- Conduct Research / risk assessment / audit plan
- Complete an audit program
- Complete fieldwork to include interviews, statistical sampling and a basic survey
- Create work papers
- Create a written report with findings and recommendations
- Create follow up audit document
- Present project report for review and discussion
This course is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn, active or retired);
- Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality control activities wanting more extensive training.
- Who have successfully completed the LEIA–101 course within three years prior the 201 course.
- Interested in obtaining an Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate (LEIAC™),
This course qualifies for 32 hours Arizona POST Continuing Training Credit.
Those successfully completed this course will be awarded the Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate (LEIAC™), recognized* by the International Law Enforcement Auditors Association (ILEAA)
Pre-requisites: Successful completion of the LEIA 101 course as stated above
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Instructors: Dan Olson and Mike Giammarino with over 25 years of L.E. inspections / auditing experience.
Sessions include course material in digital format to include reports, audit plans and programs. All participants must bring a laptop with CD drive / ac power cord and windows PowerPoint/Word/Excel programs and a jump drive. This is a highly interactive class with basic quizzes for review.
Course Hours: Four day course: 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
*This course is recognized towards the Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate™ (LEIAC)™ and not the Certified Law Enforcement Auditor (CLEA) credential.