Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Course – LEIA-101 (Live Online)
October 30, 2020
- Introduction to Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Course – LEIA-101 (Live Online)
February 9, 2021 - April 8, 2021
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Tools to Improve Accountability, Compliance, and Transparency
Live Online February 9 – April 8, 2021
Presented by LD Consulting
Learn the fundamentals of inspections and auditing to enhance your skills and improve your effectiveness while adding value to your position and your organization. This course will provide you with fundamental inspections/audit techniques that have been successfully used to, Satisfy accreditation requirements; Reduce law enforcement liability, operational costs, and significantly improve compliance.
This class is the first in a series of two classes towards a Law Enforcement Inspections/Auditing Certificate (LEIAC)™.
LEIA-101 Course objectives:
Participants will develop a basic understanding of;
- The role and history of inspections / how to develop and implement an inspections unit/program
- Various audit guidelines/frameworks
- Current practices in law enforcement inspections/audits
- Steps of the audit process
- How to write an audit plan, program, and report
- Audit vs. non-audit reports
- How to format reports
- Risk assessment model /Internal controls
- Basic statistical sampling methods
This class is for Law Enforcement Professionals (sworn and non-sworn)
- With limited or no inspections or auditing experience.
- Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality assurance activities.
- Interested in inspections and auditing
- Interested in obtaining a Law Enforcement Inspections and Auditing Certificate (LEIAC).
Sessions will include flash drives containing reports, audit plans, and programs. The computer used during class must have PowerPoint, Word, and Excel programs.
Classroom location: In the comfort of your home or office! LIVE Online course
Hotels: No need, the comfort of your own home! No time and expense for travel!
COST: REGISTRATION: $599.00
DISCOUNTS: Early Registration $25.00 discount if PAID by January 9, 2021. Additional $25.00 off for IAPRO users or LEIAG members.
24 hours CEP certificate provided (18 one-hour sessions plus after-class exercises for a total of 24 hrs.
Class meets online every Tues and Thursday – First class is February 9th, the final session on April 8, 2021, class hours: 1000 AM (AZ Time) ending at 1100 AM