Introduction to Jail Inspections and AuditsCourse #JIA-101
Tools to improve Accountability and Transparency
Learn the fundamentals of inspections and auditing of jail / detention facilities and enhance your skills and improve your effectiveness while adding value to your position and your organization. This course will provide you with fundamental inspections and audit techniques that have been successfully used to, Satisfy accreditation requirements; Reduceliability and operational costs, and significantly Improve compliance in jail / detention facilities.
JIA-101 Course objectives:
Participants will develop a basic understanding of:
- The role and history of inspections / how to develop and implement an inspections unit/program
- Risks associated with: staffing, facilities, medical care, suicide, use of force, etc.
- Various audit guidelines / frameworks
- Generally accepted practices and the need for inspections / audits in correctional agencies
- Steps of the audit process
- How to write an audit plan, program, and report
- Audit vs. non-audit reports
- How to format reports
- Risk assessment model / Internal controls
- Basic statistical sampling methods
This class is for Jail / Detention Command staff / Officers and other professionals working for a jail / detention facility:
- With limited or no inspections or auditing experience.
- Responsible for business related-controls, compliance, and quality assurance activities.
- Interested in inspections and auditing
Class is three days long: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM